1. How much makeup do you wear daily, how long does it take you and are you loyal to certain brands?
Daily, none :) I wear basic Oil of Olay SPF 15 moisturizer and call it a day. But, I have of late begun to wear more and this is my regimen: Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer (in place of foundation), Clinique silver eye shadow, Shiseido eyeliner, Cover Girl lash blast mascara, and either Nars matte lip pencil (I have several colors) or Fresh Sugar Plum chapstick, which is amazing.
2. Repeat question: I’m going to pick a person not knowing your relationship with them (or even if there is one) and you try to describe this person in 5 words/short sentences.
Your oldest paternal aunt
One girl with 6 brothers
3. Tell me about your first real kiss and how old you were.
Oh wow. How bad is it that I don't really remember for sure? Why yes, I have kissed my fair share of young gentlemen. I will say it was probably a boy named Lincoln at church camp around 7th grade. Yes, at church camp. I'm telling you some down and dirty stuff went on there every year. Praise the Lord!!!! ;)
4. If I gave you $1000.00 and told you that you had to give it to a charity – which charity would you choose and why?
I would give it to the Rape Crisis program that I volunteer for. They do much needed work. American society likes to give lip service to sexual violence, but when it comes to the nitty gritty they'd prefer to believe that rape doesn't exist and that women who are violated are just "crying rape" or lying, or worse, that somehow they deserved it for not locking themselves away in their homes or because they dared to trust their guy friend and actually drank alcohol in his presence. It's horrible how we, as a society, treat women and girls and men who are the victims of sex crimes and I am proud to be a part of a program that makes it our mission to be there 100% for the survivor as they go through the forensic evidence collection process and beyond.
5. Repeat question: Summarize your week in blog land and in real life.
I have been absent from blogland for about 2 weeks now and I miss you all! I spent the time trying to give myself an attitude adjustment, which has largely been successful. I also redid my bathroom-- painted the walls, replaced the showerhead, shower rod, towel bars, tissue holder-- everything, not to mention the towels and adding some art/decoration. We also finally bit the bullet and bought hardwood for our bedroom-- the installer comes in a week and my allergies can't wait (carpet and dogs do not mix).