Pages

Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Long Weekend, U.S. Folks

It's been a while, but I've been thinking of you guys as I just got back from two work trips to Chicago this month and thought. . . . hmmm, I should see when the B.O.O.B.S convention is.  I'm thinking about coming this year-- have I missed out on everyone looking for roommates?

Updates on Me:  I got tenure and was promoted this spring at work, and other than that my life is stagnant.  I'm actually in the midst of a mini-mid-life crisis at the moment for that reason I think.  I'll just throw that out there and then leave it :)  Don't worry, I'm not a downer, just trying to figure out a new goal since my weight and career are check-boxed.

Weight is the same as it has been- steady at 158.  I've accepted it as my maintenance weight and am no longer trying to lose.  I'm not happy about it, but I'm not upset about it either-- it is what it is and it's easy.  Now that I'm not obsessing about losing anymore, I'm finally closer to a steady workout plan (for those of you who don't remember-- I never lose when I exercise--ever) to build up my strength and tone. Part of my mid-life crisis was realizing I need a hobby, so I decided exercise would be a worthwhile one. Who knows, maybe I can channel life angst into exercise fanatacism and actually become fit- ha!

Hi from Me!!!

Today we are off to Atlanta to watch the Cardinals play the Braves.  It's supposed to be hot as hell, but I plan to be a bad bandster and get a cold beer to help me through the heat :)  Hope you all are well and having a good weekend.



14 comments:

  1. You are sooo pretty! Funny you blogged. I was going thru a list of blogs to delete if they haven't posted in a while (I met my limit so had to delete some to follow new ones) and yours popped up but I just couldn't delete you...hoping you'd be back...and look! You are!! YAY. Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I love you so much, Draz-- I'm glad you took a chance on me.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on getting Tenure!! I'm super happy for you. You becoming addicted to exercise....yeah right. I think you might need to find a new hobby. You hate to exercise. LOL You have been missed around here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This made me seriously laugh out loud. Damn, you are right about me, Dawnya :)

      Delete
  3. Congrats on getting tenure! And I vote for you coming to boobs. It's never too late to find a roommate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been wanting to come for the last three years, so I might have to make it happen this year. Thanks!

      Delete
  4. Wow! You're GORGEOUS!!! Congrats on tenure and sometimes maintenance just finds us...I think exercise is definitely a worthwhile hobby. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks.

      I still read your blog and feel like you're my mirror. Maintenance has found me. Could I lose more? Yes, I think I could if I changed the way I'm eating. I'm not eating like I'm in loss mode anymore. But I just can't find the motivation anymore so maintenance from 156-159 it is.

      Delete
  5. I think it is great that you got Tenure and you look amazing! I will say after attending my first BOOBS last year, that you should come, we had such a wonderful time.

    I agree you can always find a roommate! We would be happy to take another in our room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is the sweetest offer. I may have to take you up on it :)

      Delete
  6. You look so fantastic! and I'm so happy to see you back at blogging!!
    I'm with Kristin, we will be happy to have you with us in our room if you decide to go to BOOBS!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so awesome of you to offer. I may have to take you up on it!

      Delete
  7. You look fantastic! I have been so bad about blogging too but I like to catch up and was happy to see your post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan! It's strange but it seems like blogging check-ins come in cycles. There are a lot of us old folks checking in this week it seems. Good to see you :)

      Delete