Pages

Monday, January 23, 2012

Exercise Blows

Argh!  I hate it that every time I start exercising, my scale immediately jumps up (um, like 5 lbs).  I KNOW it is water weight, but knowing it doesn't make me any happier.  It's the anti-incentive for a behavior that I NEED to see payoff to continue.

Moral of the story?  Yes, I'm not going to Body Pump tonight because my scale is a whore and my body hates exercise.  We'll see if I can do better tomorrow.

(At the very very least, I took the dogs for a walk today so I'm not a complete potato).

6 comments:

  1. I love your comment on Ronnie's post and then read your profile and knew I wanted to follow you. Looking forward to reading more about your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. seriously! why does the scale do that?! If someone says "muscle weights more than fat" I will freak! lol. hang in there! I feel for ya! My husband always says "don't go workout, you're just gonna gain weight!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I discovered that over time slow and steady building paid off for me much better than hard core exercise. the short term weight gain was a downer but also just the pain afterwards would tick me off. When I just went to things like your walking the dogs. I was both able to do it regularly and didn't get weight gain right after.

    Perhaps that answer isn't doing something hard core but walking the dogs a little longer or further each week...

    worth thinking about anyway. We all have our different paths and you have to figure out what will work for you.

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exercise is awesome... but, also, the devil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah..I totally hear this. Unfortunately, I let it totally dictate the last couple weeks. Gotta get past this...we'll get past it together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I started Body Pump last week, did it for 3 hours, and did 7 hours of cardio. I am up about 5 lbs too. Nora=pissy!

    ReplyDelete