Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

No New is Good News?

Saw my band doc yesterday for about 5 minutes.  No fill or unfill-- we're in "wait and see" mode.  Ugh.

He posited a guess that I've had some diaphragm adhesions develop post-surgery and that the pain will go away in time.  Apparently, nothing concerning in my abdomen came up in the CT scan and he doesn't seem inclined to follow up with other tests.  I guess that's fine with me, but I wish I had a more definite answer.  In any case, I'm happy that he wasn't alarmed by my report.  I go back in 6 weeks to check back in and (cross my fingers) get a teensy tiny fill.  I am ready to make some progress again.

Ok, now for another health concern (I swear, I am not normally a hypochondriac!)  Does anyone else have hypertension?  I have NEVER had high blood pressure, but my last three readings over the past week were all high (155/88)!  How does someone go from 293 lbs to 160 lbs and develop high blood pressure AFTER losing the weight?  It's so completely bizarre.  I don't smoke, and I weigh less and am more active than I've been since I was a teenager! Based on some reading I've done, I think I'm going to take the next 6 weeks to my next appt and see if I can lower it without medication by decreasing caffeine and alcohol and increasing my exercise.  My hope is it's just a stress-blip, but who the heck knows.  If it's not back to normal in 6 weeks, I'll go to my PCP and talk medication.  I'd love to hear from anyone who deals with this--what are the implications of managing it with medication?

The good news is that I'm in a size 8 now, wonder of wonders.  It's pretty insane how I haven't lost any weight in months, yet I'm still going down in size.  I love this band, pain or no pain!

6 comments:

  1. I actually had a high reading at my last apt. I just started with a new doc, and he is going to wait to compare at my next apt. (next week) to see if it was just because of it being a first apt. and nerves or something, but he is considering meds. I've always been boarder line high, but never enough to need meds.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just noticed you can reply to comments now- nifty.

      We'll have to keep in touch about this. I just can't believe it's developed now.

      Delete
  2. Mine was actually a little high at my last appointment me too. Weird. My guess is it's stress with the pain and worrying about the band and stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's my hope-- it was stress and pain.

      Delete
  3. I hope it's stress-related (NOT that I'm hoping you're stressed), and not hypertension. I know this band situation has got to be stressful, though.

    Great job on the size 8's! :)

    ReplyDelete