Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Sick

Being around sick people has made me sick. What are the odds?

Being sick has made me give the finger to my band. I am finding it hard to care about shoving things into my mouth today. I have a sore throat and a COMPLETE lack of energy, so I want things like ice cream, and ice cream. If I had Easter candy, I'd be eating it.

I started to question today whether I need a fill. I've been averaging a loss of about 10lbs a month since surgery, but I'm short this month (8 lbs instead of 10) and like I said, my portion sizes are UP. But then I looked at my birth control pack and realized that I'm in that time of month that is always a struggle for me (mid-cycle, for some reason). Add to that the fact that I don't feel good when I overeat (proving that the band is, in fact there, and doing something) and I think maybe I'm doing just fine.

Eh, we'll see.

Hubby is sick too, and has developed a middle ear infection complete with swollen tongue, so he's a joy to be around. We are one partying household, let me tell you.

Happy Easter to all who celebrate.

6 comments:

  1. oh yuk! I hope you both start feeling better soon!

    I have averaged 10 lbs a month as well, so the one or two months I have fell short I freaked out. But then I realized that my goal was between six and eight pounds, and as long as I hit those I'm good. This past month, I lost 1 pound! that is 1 pound!!! So I knew it was fill time. .5 cc's later and I'm golden again!

    Feel better, and have a good easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8-10 pounds a month would be fast for me. I seem to lose 4-7 a month, but foe me, it's 4 or 5 pounds in a week-ten days and nothing the rest of the month. Eh. Whatever.

    Hope you feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good God - after coming out of the poop and puke party at my house for everyone - I can wholeheartedly say - I'm sorry - and feel better soon. Any kind of sick is yucky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sorry to hear you are your hubby are sick. That is no fun at all especially when you might otherwise enjoy the long weekend. Hope you're feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeel better soon...It has made its way around our family and it sucks...so far none have moved to a secondary infection. I am sorry your husband's has..Wishing you good chicken soup and antibiotics and needed :).

    xxxooo

    ReplyDelete