Pages

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Bra Shopping- Only Slightly Less Torturous Than Swimsuit Shopping

*Actual Bra, Blogger Not Pictured :)


My band has been very mean to my breasts. My band is a bully, really. All those times my band stole my boobs lunch money and made yo mama jokes was bad enough, but it also left my boobs all depressed and deflated and prematurely aged from all the abuse.

I have found it impossible to find a bra that fits these new haggard boobies. I started in a 46G and I've been trying to wear 38DD (because I can find those in regular stores), but it hasn't worked because they gap at the sides but my boobs fall out the top. Strange, strange situation happening up under my shirt.

So, I go to a very chic-chic lingerie store for a fitting today. And guys, WTF has my band done? I walked out wearing a 34FF. I am skeptical about the fit, actually, but the 36FF was way too big and the 34F was too small-- I personally think she should have tried me in a 36F but she insisted the 34 is a better fit. So I bought myself a $70 bra (don't tell my husband-- it is not pretty enough for him to like the price tag).

I'm a mutant with a small ribcage and huge funbags. And apparently until I get my breast reduction, I'm not going to be able to buy bras in a normal store.

9 comments:

  1. Mine are in between sizes right now, so I understand your pain with the search for the perfect fit! When is said breast reduction? I wouldn't buy anymore bras until then at that price range. Eek!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boobs were never that big so now they're practically nonexistent but I tried to buy a new strapless the other day and it was a nightmare. Everything was too big or too small or bunched up or I spilled out of. You wouldn't think it would be this difficult.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - haggard boobies. I know what that's like...I had double Es before I had my reduction! What are you waiting for? It's THEE best thing I ever did....even before I lost any weight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sad situation indeed. I hope mine stop at 38D, we shall see, I am a D now, wearing a DD :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only time the girls actually matched my body size was when I was preggers - back in the stone age. I am really afraid that WHEN I lose weight they're going to go into negative lettering... But it is just as difficult finding a bra when the bod is large but the boobage is small...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, that sucks! I just got new bras as well, but I had a much more pleasant experience. I started at a 42 DDD and am now 38DD, so I am happy there. Although mine have been very abused as well, and are no longer "nice"!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bra shopping makes me all hot and bothered and not in a good way! I have found one type of bra that I love love love...Thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never had very large funbags. I have acorns. But I've found that my acorns are starting to take the southern route towards my belly button. And i'm only 30! I hate boobs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I posted the same thing. I was horrified finding new bras but went to be fitted and it was the best. I did find the bras a bit snug at first but they actually do stretch a wee bit so it is probably best you go the snugger fit. Just wait for bathing suit shopping (I haven't ventured there just yet!)

    ReplyDelete