Pages

Friday, June 3, 2011

Two Days Do Not a Habit Make. . .

But I feel good anyway.

I have three life goals for June, that I will call the 3 E's: 1) pass the EPPP- my licensing exam, 2) Exercise, and 3) Economics- stop spending, start saving.

For the purposes of this post, I'm happy with goal number 2-- exercise. Yesterday and today I used my treadmill for 45 minutes. Today I even jogged, probably for the first time in 12 years. Considering the last time I used my treadmill I could barely walk for 30 minutes, the jogging felt like such a huge accomplishment. And just a note: Florence & The Machine's Lungs is the perfect cd for a 45-minute workout.

I have absolutely no weight loss goal for this month, because I don't want to disappoint myself and typically I stall out on weight when I exercise, at least in the beginning. So any loss will be counted a bonus. I took my measurements instead and I'll check again at the end of the month. My goal is to get into some kind of habit of exercising over the summer so that when the regular semester starts again, I will already have it down. We'll see-- this is certainly my weakest link on the health front.

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good plan. Stick to it and you will be seeing the pounds drop in no time :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right with you on the exercise front - I swear I really like to exercise and I really, really like what it does for me mentally (physically is a total bonus) - I swear I've been fighting myself about this - but this is the month that's going to change!! Yay us! (and I totally just downloaded Lung - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good strategy to go with the measurements and use the scale as a bonus. I agree that exercise and economics and in my case, my PMP is the goal for this month. So much to do, but it's great to know that we have these in common! I have to check out Lung- always looking for some cool new tunes to break out of my classic rock and 90's alternative go to's!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lyla - good for you for getting to start running. It was so very hard at first, but I was really pleasantly surprised at how quickly my cardiac capacity (breathing, heartbeat) improved and allowed me to run longer and longer each time so quickly. In a period of 3 weeks consistently I went from barely able to jog for a few mins to being able to run for 10 mins straight. That was a HUGE accomplishment for me. What got me there was the Nike plus walk to run program - so if you're not using something like that - do it. It makes all the difference b/c it eases you into it. I'm going to have to check out your music referral. I definitely need some new music to run to. I prefer 'angry' music like Kid rock, lincoln park, Bink 182 - for some reason it really gives me energy to push through a hard part!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like good goals to me. I've got get back to the exercise regimen. I've been such a slacker!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great goals!! It is DEFINITELY easier to keep exercising when you have a good routine!

    ReplyDelete