Pages

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly. . .




My husband and I live several states away from our families, and since he has to work pretty much the whole weekend every year, we never go "home". So Thanksgiving is just the two of us, and is very often unconventional since we aren't about to do a Turkey for two (and I'm not a humongous fan of turkey anyway). Last year we made linguine carbonara. This year we are doing more traditional than usual, with a small sliced ham, potatoes of death, pumpkin pie, and rolls. I'll probably have a little of everything but the bread.

I'm sure there will be football on at the house. There is no escaping it. But, I also make sure to always watch my own Thanksgiving television favorites. Here they are to share with you:

Friends-- The One Where Ross Got High has the funniest 30-seconds on television in my opinion. There's food that tastes like feet and Jacques Cousteau, and I absolutely love it.

WKRP in Cincinnati- Turkey Drop . Hilarious, that's all.

Things I'm Thankful For:

A great marriage to a man who is my best friend
My puppy dergs
I have a job when so many people don't
I have a standing job offer, so there's always a "next thing" just in case
I'm healthy and getting healthier every day


I hope all of you have a great day tomorrow, I really do. Don't be too hard on yourselves, no matter what.

1 comment: